WORKSHEET #3: COLOSSIANS 1:10-14
© Rosemary Bardsley 2014
Read Colossians 1:10-14. Answer these questions:
1. In verse 10 Paul states a double-barrelled purpose of his prayers. What are these two anticipated results?
2. Suggest what it means to ‘live a life worthy of the Lord’.
3. Suggest what it means to ‘please him in every way’.
4. From the end of verse 10 to the beginning of verse 12 Paul gives a list of four qualities that will be present if these two purposes/results of his prayer are met. Each of these qualities begins with a present participle. What are these four expressions of a life that is worthy of and pleases the Lord?
5. Now suggest what each of these four expressions means in practical terms.
6. From verse 12 to verse 14 Paul identifies five distinct aspects of the salvation we have in Jesus Christ. Identify these five, and suggest what each means.