WORKSHEET 4: COLOSSIANS 1:15-19
© Rosemary Bardsley 2014
Read Colossians 1:15-19. Answer these questions:
1. List every fact about the person of Jesus Christ that you can find in these verses.
2. Suggest what Paul means by ‘he is the image of the invisible God’.
2A. Read John 1:18; 12:45; 14:7; 2Corinthians 4:6; Hebrews 1:3. What insights do they give about Jesus?
3. Paul calls Jesus ‘the firstborn over all creation’. What does he mean?
4. List everything that Paul says was created by Jesus Christ.
5. Why were all of these things created?
6. Which words teach us that Jesus Christ is eternal?
7. Which words teach that everything that exists is absolutely dependant on Jesus Christ for its present existence?
8. What is the relationship of Jesus Christ to the church?
9. Suggest what Paul means by ‘he is the beginning and the first born from among the dead.’
10. How extensive is the supremacy of Jesus Christ?
11. What does Paul say that teaches us that Jesus is fully God?