KNOWING CHRIST - KNOWING GOD
Copyright © Rosemary Bardsley 2003-04-09
'Knowing Christ - Knowing God' is a highly impactive Bible study series that draws our attention to Jesus Christ as the ultimate revelation of the truth: truth about God, truth about man, truth about the meaning and purpose of life. It is affirmed that there is such a thing as ultimate and absolute truth, and that this ultimate and absolute truth is revealed in and by Jesus Christ. The truth, therefore, can be known, and because it can be known, our human lives can have meaning, direction and significance. Our lives are not the meaningless result of arbitrary and inescapable chance, but have their source, their significance and their goal in Jesus Christ.
These studies were prepared at the request of Bruce Murray, Associate Pastor of Southport Church of Christ, Queensland. At Bruce's request, the specific starting point for each study parallels the starting points used by Roy Hession in his book 'We Would See Jesus'. However, anyone familiar with that book will realize that the direction taken and the progressive development of each study give these studies their own unique content and impact.
The studies are specifically written with a group study situation in mind; each study has its own worksheet, and includes instructions to the study leader. They can however be readily used for personal study.
- STUDY 1: WHAT ARE WE HERE FOR?
- WORKSHEET 1
- STUDY 2: SHATTERING THE DARKNESS - IN CHRIST WE SEE GOD
- WORKSHEET 2
- STUDY 3: JESUS CHRIST - IDENTIFYING THE TRUTH AND EXPOSING ERROR
- WORKSHEET 3
- STUDY 4: JESUS CHRIST - THE ONLY DOOR TO TRUE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE
- WORKSHEET 4
- STUDY 5: JESUS CHRIST- BREAKER OF THE SIN-BARRIER: THE WAY BACK TO GOD
- WORKSHEET 5
- STUDY 6: JESUS CHRIST - THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS
- WORKSHEET 6
- STUDY 7: JESUS CHRIST - THE SOURCE OF LIFE
- WORKSHEET 7
- STUDY 8: JESUS CHRIST - THE GREAT 'I AM'
- WORKSHEET 8
- STUDY 9: JESUS CHRIST - THE OMEGA
- WORKSHEET 9
- Barth, Karl: 'Dogmatics in Outline', SCM, London, 1966
- Berkouwer, GC: 'Man: the Image of God', Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 1962
- Calvin, John: 'Institutes of the Christian Religion', Westminster Press, Philadelphia, 1960
- Hendriksen, W: 'The Gospel of Matthew', Baker, Grand Rapids, 1973
- Jukes, Andrew: 'The Names of God', Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, 1967
- Lloyd-Jones, M: 'The Sermon on the Mount', Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 1974
- Morris, Leon : 'The Gospel According to John', Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 1971
- 'The Gospel According to Matthew', IVP, Leicester, 1992
- Packer, JI: 'Knowing God', Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1973.
- Schaeffer, Francis: 'Whatever Happened to the Human Race?' Crossway Books, Wheaton, 1982
- Stone, Nathan: 'Names of God', Moody Press, Chicago, 1944