REVELATION 20:1-6 – The ‘thousand years’
1. List the four names or symbols applied to the evil one in verse 2.
2. From the following verses, discuss whether the ‘binding’ of Satan occurs because of the first coming of Christ or at the second coming of Christ:
Revelation 3:14; 5:5; 6:2
Colossians 2:10; 2:15
3. According to 20:3 what is the purpose/result of the ‘binding’ of Satan and his confinement in ‘the Abyss’? [You might also read verse 7.]
4. Suggest in what ways the gospel of Jesus Christ, and its proclamation throughout the earth, stop Satan from deceiving the nations? Use Scripture references to support your answers.
5. Make a list of the descriptions given in verses 4-6 of those who ‘reign’ with Christ for ‘a thousand years’.
6. Which of these are descriptions of every person who believes in Jesus Christ? [Be sure your response does not contradict the clear teaching of the rest of the New Testament.]
7. Given that the number 10 symbolizes completion, suggest what is inferred by the ‘thousand’ [10x10x10] years.