HOW TO DO YOUR OWN BIBLE STUDY
Copyright Rosemary Bardsley 2007
1: Pray for God’s help to understand his Word
2: Read the whole passage or chapter
3: Ask questions:
[Note : there may not be an answer to every question. That’s quite okay!]
- What is the original setting?
Historical settingOriginal readers or hearersOriginal purpose
- What does it teach about who God is and what God is like?
- What does it teach about what God does?
- What does it teach about salvation?
- What does it ask me to do?
Is there a fact or promise for me to believe?Is there a command for me to obey?Is there an example to follow?
- What are its implications for my life?
For my attitude to GodFor my attitude to myselfFor my attitude to othersFor my attitude to my occupationFor my attitude to my circumstances and/or environment